Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 April 2019

MO'SOME TONEBENDER - Ashioto to Short Hope (english translation)

Going back to finish some older tracks I did romaji for ages ago but didn't understand well enough to translate at the time. Weird to think I started working on this in 2012.

I'm fairly sure I'm still reading at least a few of these lines wrong, but I tried.



足跡とショートホープ / Footprints and Short Hope*

Lyrics: Kazuhiro Momo
Music: Isamu Fujita

I threw myself down on the lawn,
And I was watching the cars go back and forth
The night sky,
In an extraordinarily deep place, it was shaking**

I went down a steep embankment,
And I started to walk along the railroad tracks
Caught in a broken chain-link fence, my heart got left behind
In a dry river, there was an upside-down, rusted bicycle
Restrained by the insurmountable force of gravity

Since I barely noticed my worn down heel,***
I headed out onto the straight national highway
Home is still far away

From inside my ringing ears,****
I’m chasing after the days*****
Words are fading away
I shut down my heart and keep walking
The dust the light is shining down on,
It's dancing in the air
From the west, one by one,
I count the stars that are going to disappear

Just a little more
Morning is coming
While humming a tune,
Holding a cigarette in my mouth, I’ll walk on
I light a broken match

Notes:
*Short Hope is a cigarette brand
**, ***, ****, ***** I’m really not sure about these lines – they’re probably at least a little wrong

足跡とショートホープ/ Ashioto to Short Hope

Shibafu ni nekoronde
Ikikau kuruma o miteta
Yozora wa tohoumonaku fukai toko de yureteru

Kyuu na dote o kudatte
Senro-zoi ni aruki-hajimeta
Yabureta kanaami ni hikkakatta KOKORO ga nokoru
Mizu no nai kawa ni wa sakasa ni sabita jitensha
Sakaraenai juuryoku ni hikitomerarete

Surihetta kakato o
Sukoshi ki ni shina kara
Massugu na kokudou
Ie wa mada tooi*

Miminari no oku kara
Tsukihi ga oikakete kuru
Kotoba wa iroaseteku
Mune ni shimai aruki-tsuzukeru
RAITO ni terasareta
HOKORI ga chuu de odotte iru
Nishi kara hitotsu-zutsu
Kiete-yuku hoshi no kazu kazoeta

Ato sukoshi de
Asa ga kuru yo
Hanauta demo utai-nagara
Kuwae tabako de aruite-yukou
Oreta MACCHI ni hi o tsukete

Notes:
*The kanji says “chigai,” but Momo says “tooi” in the song

Kanji:
http://j-lyric.net/artist/a01331e/l00ed04.html

No comments:

Post a Comment