Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 December 2012

blog translation: Suganami Eijun - Sept. 5, 2012

I only did the first half of this because I don't understand enough of the rest. Reading this made me feel a lot better about not getting what was going on in Symphonia, though. :)

Sept. 5, 2012 - “I have to express that I don’t know what I want to say”

The lyrics to “Symphonia” off Liv Squall are like a combination of scattered bits of about four songs’ lyrics. I decided to gather up phrases and try to form them into one set of lyrics.

That’s why it passes through space and time and goes in and out of phrases from different times in my life. For example, the phrase “An etude for my dying moment” came to me while I was watching the movie “Okuribito” in a theatre, while “the existence of a prodigious love that will overcome disaster” was inspired by a moment when I saw my friend’s child smiling.

Well, if you’re able to enjoy it, I’m happy.

Now then, today I’m talking about “things I want to say” and “words”. There was an interesting story in Tatsuru Uchida’s book “Konna Nihon de Yokatta ne”. ...

Original entry:
http://thebackhorn.com/memberblog/suganami/461

No comments:

Post a Comment