Search This Blog

Saturday 8 June 2013

Jeepta - Madoi (english translation)

まどい / Madoi*

Lyrics: Taku Ishii
Music: Hiroyuki Satou, Taku Ishii

My back is bathed in the setting sun, and I’m sweating a bit again
My shadow stretches out to try to reach it, and after that
Tonight, when the moon is shining white
Even the birds flying around
Rest their wings and return to their nests
Surrounded by this familiar scenery
I head back on the road home

If I turn the corner, little by little, I can smell the scent of a warm city
Suddenly, if I look up, the moon is dyed yellow

Today, what should I talk to you about?
Today, I had lots to smile about
Today, I wonder if you were able to keep laughing all the time
Ah, it’s going by quickly

A perfectly circular, gentle place exists
There’s no reason for it or anything
There’s nothing but here
A precious thing
A moment that is ours alone
A perfectly circular, gentle place exists
Even if it’s obvious
Even if it’s common
There’s no substitute for it
A special, special night that’s just for us

I reflect on this tranquility quietly
And now, I close my eyes
This cyclical** life, I call “happiness”

Notes:
*I don't know how to translate the title. I thought of "madoi" as "bewilderment, confusion" etc., but apparently there is a "madoi" that means "happy circle", which seems to fit with the images, but I'm not sure what that actually means.

**could also be "repetitive"

まどい / Madoi

Ochite-iku yuuhi sei ni abite
Mata sukoshi ase o kaku
Nobita kage no sono saki de koyoi no tsuki wa shiroku hikaru
Tobi-mawatte ita tori-tachi mo
Hane o yasume su ni modoru
Konna minareta fuukei no naka boku wa ieji o yuku

Kado o magareba sukoshi-zutsu atatakai machi no nioi
Futo miagereba mou tsuki wa sono iro o ki ni someta

Kyou kimi to donna hanashi o shiyou ka
Kyou boku wa kekkou waraeru koto ga atta n da
Kyou kimi wa zutto waratte irareta ka na
Aa ashibaya ni naru

Manmarui yasashii basho ga aru
Riyuu nanka nai
Koko ni shikanai
Itooshii mono
Bokura dake no hitotoki
Manmarui yasashii basho ga aru
Atarimae demo arifuretetemo
Kae-gatai mono bokura dake no tokubetsu na tokubetsu na yoru

Yasuragi o sotto kamishimete ima boku wa me o tojiru
Kono kurikaeshi no itonami o “shiawase” to boku wa yobu

Kanji:

http://j-lyric.net/artist/a0537e8/l0229d4.html

No comments:

Post a Comment