Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 July 2013

blog translation: Takano Tetsu - April 24, 2012

For anyone who doesn't know, Ikuzo Baba = the bassist from Dragon Ash.
R.I.P. IKUZONE.

April 24, 2012

I suddenly heard the news that someone passed away.
But I guess hearing of someone’s death is always sudden.
Shit.

I often used to drink with Ikuzo Baba.
Even though he was an older guy, he was a loveable, kind, eccentric man.
When we met up in a bar after a few years, he suddenly hugged me from behind and surprised me.
I remember being happy that he knew about my work.
After that, we met up at the same place to drink often.
Now that I think about it, when Kashimoto and Moro left nil, the first call I made was to Baba-san’s cell.
And he said “I have Dragon Ash, so I can’t help you out, but if I find a good guy, I’ll let you know.”
I’m remembering things like that steadily.
I wonder if the last place we drank together at was 井の頭通り沿い.*
Or maybe it was when he called me at around four in the morning and, when I thought “What the hell does he want to talk about?”, it ended up being a silly conversation.
Ah, did we go drinking in Ikebukuro after that?
I wonder which one was the last one?
Which one. Was the last moment we spent together?

That’s so lonely, isn’t it?

Baba-san,
I’m planning to keep you waiting for about 40 years, but,
Because we’ll definitely go there too, wait for us, okay?
Let’s drink together again.

Takano Tetsu.

Notes:
*I don't know how to read this, but it's just the name of a place, so I don't think it really matters.

Original post:
http://www.afro-skull.com/nil/2012/04/24/?cat=5,9,10,11,12

No comments:

Post a Comment